Monday, January 11, 2010
As I am a typical Singaporean, so I am kiasu too. After I have decided to pick up baking, I want my 1st baking to be successfull, no failure to discourage me.
After spending sometimes to go through the baking blogs and forums, this banana bake recipe posted in one of the mum’s forum caught my attention as the mum that posted the recipe assured that this banana cake is easy to bake and of course moist and soft. And a lot of mummies have tried and gave very good comments. Since I always like banana cake, thus I finally decided this recipe to be my 1st baking.
Recipe taken from Jthorge's Kitchen
250g salted butter
1 1/2 cups castor sugar (I will reduce the sugar depending on what type of banana that I used and how ripe the bananas are)
1 tsp vanilla essence
4 tbsp milk
1 1/2 cups mashed banana
2 cups plain flour (sift together with 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda and 1 tsp baking powder)
1. Cream butter and sugar in a mixing bowl.
2. Add in eggs, vanilla essence and milk and mix well.
3. Add mashed banana into the mixture and mix well.
4. Finally add in sifted flour and mix well and pour into a cake tin.
5. Bake in preheated oven at 160 deg C for 1 hour or until a skewer inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean. If the top layer turns brown after 15 minutes, cover it with a piece of aluminium foil.
6. Cool cakes in the pan then remove. Use a sharp knife to slice and serve
This banana cake is really very soft and moist, it is so delicious that I have no intention to try other banana cake recipe at this moment. I have baked many times, everyone that tried this cake before, like it very much and those bakers, asked me for recipe too. Even 1 of my colleague who is a health freak, commented that the cake is yummy and not too sweet, asked me for recipe for his wife to bake for the family. Even though I have baked many cakes for my family, this is still my brother’s favourite cake