My dd had been requesting for the rainbow cupcake that I have baked for her before. Since she always hunt for food and cakes are better than tibits, I had baked for her again. I had baked non-color version for adult consumption and also additional to give away to her friend.
Recipe taken from Held by Love, Baked from Scatch with some modication.
195g cake flour
3/4 tsp baking soda
3/4 tsp baking powder
195g cream cheese, at room temperature
200g butter, at room temperature
150g castor sugar
1 whole lemon grated lemon rind
3 eggs, at room temperature
1.5 tablespoon lemon juice
2 tablespoon evaporation milk
1. Preheat oven to 175 Degree C and line muffin pan with paper cups.
2. Sift cake flour, baking soda and baking powder into a mixing bowl. Set aside.
3. Cream butter and cream cheese until light and creamy for 8-10 minutes.
4. Add castor sugar and continue to mix until light and fluffy.
5. Beat in eggs, one at a time.
6. Stir in lemon rind and lemon juice and lastly the evaporation milk.
7. Finally, fold in sifted flour into mixture.
8. Separate the batter according to the number of food colouring you have, and add in the food colouring. Spoon a bit of each different coloured batter into each muffin cup, until about 3/4 full.
9. Bake for 20 – 25mins or till an inserted skewer comes out clean.
10. Remove the pan from the oven. Rest for 10 minutes before removing the cupcakes from the pan. Cool on wire rack.
I love these!! Compared to the 1st time that I have baked, the cupcakes are more soft and moist even for those rainbow version which need a lot more folding to mix well the coloring, probably because I have added evaporation milk. Definitely a keeper!