Friday, January 15, 2010
Non Bake Kiwi Yogurt Cake
Yesterday was my friend B's birthday so I made her a cake. I wanted to make a different color cake as compared to my previous cakes so I will have various colors of cakes profiles. Since I had just bought some kiwi so I decided to make an ice-cream alike kiwi cake for her. The cake was mixed and matched from various recipes and also with some of my creation :) To my surprise, this cake was a simple and easy cake, it was done up within 1 hr.
I had made a mistake, I should have beat using spactular instead of electric mixer to whisk for the step 2 because using the electric mixer to whisk had created a lot of bubbles where there was lot of holes on the surface of the cake, I belived there will be alot of holes in the cake too :(. I will bear this in mind not to make same mistake in future.
I am not creative at all so I was cracking my head to think about how to decorate the cake with kiwi and finally, I came out this simple deco.
Recipe for 6" cake tin.
150g digestive and marie biscuits, finely crushed
60g butter, melted
Mix them together and press into an 6" springform tin and chill for minimum 2 hours.
140 mixed fruits yogurt
110ml mixed fruits UHT yogurt drink
165ml non-diary whipping cream
1 tbsp lemon juice
3 tbsp castor sugar
3/4 tbsp gelatin
2 kiwi diced
some green coloring
1. Dissolve gelatin and sugar with water. Set aside to cool.
2. Beat yogurt, UHT yogurt drink and lemon juice until well blended. Add cooled gelatin solution and mix well.
3. Whip the non-diary whipping cream till mousse state.
4. Add the yogurt mixture to the whipped cream and mix well.
5. Take 1/4 portion of the mixture and add some green coloring and mix well.
6. Pour the white mixture onto the cake base.
7. spread around the diced kiwi into the white mixture
8. Pour the green mixture into the white mixture and swirl with a knife through the mixture to create a marble effect.
9 Put in freezer for about two hours or put in the chiller overnight.
B told me this morning that the cake was very yummy, her family finished the whole cake once was sliced.