I always wanted to make a cake for the 3 lovely girls from my department as I am very appreciated for their full support along the years. When I saw this Non Bake Ribena Marble Cheesecake from Happy Home Baking, it had caught my attention. I love the color of the cake as well as the swirl pattern. As my 3 girls are very pretty and sweet, this cake is so suitable as a belated birthday cake for them, I am sure they will love it. I am really very glad and appreciate for having them to work as a team.
Recipe is from Happy Home Baking but I have scale down the ingredients for my 6” cake tin and made some modification.
100g digestive biscuits, finely crushed
40-50g butter, melted
15g gelatin powder
190g cream cheese, soften at room temperature
50g caster sugar
190g Whipping Cream
75ml Ribena juice
1. To make the crust, combine crushed digestive biscuits and melted butter together in a mixing bowl. With the back of a spoon, press the biscuit crumbs onto the base of the prepared pan. Chill in the freezer compartment for at least 1 hour.
2. Filling: Measure water into a bowl and sprinkle in the gelatin (without stirring with a spoon). Set aside to allow the gelatin grains to swell (10 mins) before setting the bowl over a pot of simmering hot water. Stir with a spoon and once the gelatin melts, remove the bowl from the pot and set aside to cool to room temperature.
3. In your mixer, whip cream till stiff peaks form, chill.
4. With an electric mixer, beat cream cheese and sugar together until smooth. Add in the gelatin solution and beat till the mixture turns smooth.
5. Fold in the whipped cream and mix well
6. Divide mixture evenly into two bowls (about 1 cup each). Add 75ml of Ribena into one of the bowls and mix well with a spatula. (the ribena that my FIL bought is very watery, thus the ribena mixture turned out to be very very pale, even though I added in another 50ml of ribena still cannot really differentiate the 2 different mixtures. Thus, I have to add in some pink coloring into the ribena mixture as I do not have purple coloring)
7. Spoon the two mixtures in alternate blobs into the chilled crust. Level top and swirl with a knife through the mixture to create a marble effect. (I have swirl too much and the 2 mixtures blend together, thus the marble effect is not visible )
8. Refrigerate until set.
I have no chance to taste the cake because I went for my business trip after passed them the cake. According to them, the cake is very fragrant and they thought is strawberry cheesecake instead of Ribena :P and the cake is yummy accept a bit hard (they meant too rubberized). Probably is due to the high amount of gelatine. I was skeptical when I saw the recipe calling for 20ml of gelatine, because my previous Non Bake Oreo Cheesecake only require 1 tablespoon (10ml) for the same size of cake. As I was new in baking, so even I have doubts, I still went ahead to follow the recipe. May be this is also due to I have replaced the yogurt with whipped cream because I have misread the recipe again :P.
I will still make this cake again in future since I have not yet taste the cake but I will reduce the amount of gelatine power.