Thursday, April 15, 2010

Buttermilk Country Cake II




Since the non successful of baking buttermilk country cake, I have been thinking to bake again. So here I am.
This time was better than the previous attempt, however still not consider successful cos the cake still a bit wet and not fluffy like what original recipe should be. :( My cake was also much shorter as well.


The skewer came out clean and I baked extra 5 mins but the cake still a bit wet like under bake. Hmmmm... not sure I have enough courage to bake another time.



Recipe adapted from Aunty Yochana.

Ingredients:
4 yolks (I used 3 whole eggs)
160g buttermilk (I used 1 tbsp of lemon juice mix with 160ml of milk and let it sit for at least 10 mins)
5g vanilla (1 tsp)
200g sifted cake flour
200g sugar (I reduced to 130g)
15g baking powder (about 3 tsp)
1/8 tsp salt
120 g butter

Method :
1. In a bowl, lightly combine the yolks with 40 ml of the buttermilk.
2. In a mixing bowl, combine all the dry ingredients and mix on low speed for 30 secs to blend.
3. Add the butter and remaining buttermilk. Mix on low speed until the dry ingredients are moistened. Increase to medium speed and beat for 2 mins to aerate and develop the cake's stucture.
4. Gradually add in the egg mixture and beat for another min.
5. Pour batter into an 8" round pan and bake in preheated oven at 175 degree for about 50 to 60 mins or till skewer inserted comes out clean.
6. Let the cake cool in the pan on a rack for 10 mins then invert the cake onto a cooling rack and leave to cool completely.
7. Slice and serve.

Verdict?
Well, although the cake was not considered successful, it was still very delicious, my mum especilly liked it a lot.

4 comments:

  1. Hi there, thanks for stopping by my blog earlier and nice to meet you. You've a lovley blog and your buttermilk cake looks so moist! Such a lovely bake. Have fun and welcome to the world of blogging!
    Cheers, Kristy

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi hi buddy, u ve a blog for Fi Fi ya kee kee kee...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Kristy, I just discovered ur blog and u ve a fantastic blog tat I ve flowery eyes to look at ur recipes. Thanks for ur nice words.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for dropping by.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails