Dear husband requested for claypot chicken rice, so I searched for the recipes online and finally shortlisted this recipe.
You may add in dark sauce before serve but for us, we didn't as the rice already tasty and salty enough. :P
Recipe adapted from Christine's Recipe.
1 3/4 cups rice (wash clean & drain off water)
3/4 pc chicken stock
1 1/2 cups water
4 pcs chicken thigh (3 pcs boneless and 1 pc with bone to wash clean & chop into bite sizes)
2 pcs chinese sausage (slice thinly)
2 pc salted fish (deep fried)
5 slices ginger (slice thinly)
3 tbsp light soy sauce
1 tbsp dark soy sauce
2 tbsp oyster sauce
1 tbsp hua tiao wine
1/2 tbsp sesame oil
1 tbsp cornflour
some spring onion
1. Marinate chicken & ginger with the seasonings for at least 2 hours.
2. Mix the chicken stock with water and stir till well mix.
3. Place rice into the claypot & pour in chicken stock water. Cook at high heat with cover.
4. When the water start to boil, remove cover & cook until the water levelled up with the rice, adjust to low heat.
5. Place in the marinated chicken & the rest of the ingredients but not the gravy. Cook with low heat with cover for 15 minutes.
6. Place in chinese sausage & salted fish, cook for another 10 minutes with cover.
7. When the claypot chicken rice is done, garnish with spring onion and serve while hot.
This claypot chicken rice tasted very nice and fragant, the chicken meat is very tasty too. Too bad I had put too much water that the rice is too wet and I put too much chicken stock that caused a bit over salty. If not, the rice will be perfect.