Dear husband requested for claypot chicken rice, so I searched for the recipes online and finally shortlisted this recipe.
You may add in dark sauce before serve but for us, we didn't as the rice already tasty and salty enough. :P
Recipe adapted from Christine's Recipe.
1 3/4 cups rice (wash clean & drain off water)
3/4 pc chicken stock
1 1/2 cups water
4 pcs chicken thigh (3 pcs boneless and 1 pc with bone to wash clean & chop into bite sizes)
2 pcs chinese sausage (slice thinly)
2 pc salted fish (deep fried)
5 slices ginger (slice thinly)
3 tbsp light soy sauce
1 tbsp dark soy sauce
2 tbsp oyster sauce
1 tbsp hua tiao wine
1/2 tbsp sesame oil
1 tbsp cornflour
some spring onion
1. Marinate chicken & ginger with the seasonings for at least 2 hours.
2. Mix the chicken stock with water and stir till well mix.
3. Place rice into the claypot & pour in chicken stock water. Cook at high heat with cover.
4. When the water start to boil, remove cover & cook until the water levelled up with the rice, adjust to low heat.
5. Place in the marinated chicken & the rest of the ingredients but not the gravy. Cook with low heat with cover for 15 minutes.
6. Place in chinese sausage & salted fish, cook for another 10 minutes with cover.
7. When the claypot chicken rice is done, garnish with spring onion and serve while hot.
This claypot chicken rice tasted very nice and fragant, the chicken meat is very tasty too. Too bad I had put too much water that the rice is too wet and I put too much chicken stock that caused a bit over salty. If not, the rice will be perfect.
I've always made mine in the microwave, too scared of burning the rice:)
a smart way to have claypot rice at home, look yummy!ReplyDelete
Hi wendy, this is the 1st time I tried using claypot too and is true, is so tedious to wash the claypot due to the burning rice, my poor helper :PReplyDelete
Sonia, this claypot rice is easy and yummy if I didnt put too much water :PReplyDelete
look so delicious!! like the color too!ReplyDelete
thanks Beachlover for ur nice words and dropping by. :)ReplyDelete
OMG, oh...I just can't wait to have some. I love claypot rice so much! Btw, I have some awards for you. Please feel free to pick them up.ReplyDelete
Oh Kristy, u r so nice & sweet to give me the awards, i feel so honour and happy, thanks so much!ReplyDelete
Wow this is nice..Appealing...Will try it out in one day.ReplyDelete
Evy, I am sure u can do better than m :). Thanks for dropping by.ReplyDelete
Wow that's one good looking claypot chicken rice! all those Chinese sausages..yum!ReplyDelete
thanks pigpig corner.ReplyDelete
It's a long time since I last had this...must be back home. Yours looks very delicious and full of flavour. Thanks for sharing. MaryMoh at http://www.keeplearningkeepsmiling.comReplyDelete
thanks Mary for dropping by.ReplyDelete