I wanted to bake her a oreo cheesecake after knowing she likes cheesecake. Didn't bake her a chocolate cheesecake cos she just tried the chocolate cheesecake that I baked to celebrate our winning of the talent contest during our DnD.
I didn't know my cream cheese was running low which is not sufficient for most of the recipes that require 500g cream cheese. Thus I had to search through all my collections to look for recipe that only require less than 300g cream cheese and do some modification.
Actually I didn't intend to deco the side of the cake with oreo cookies but no choice in order to cover the flaw as the white chocolate coating is not smooth at all. The cake looked a bit funny with too many oreo cookies, like a spaceship or car tyre hahaha...
I only got to know she loves rum & raisins flavour during her birthday celebration. Huh... too bad that I didn't know in advance cos my spies were not able to get info for me. If not I can make her rum & raisins cheesecake which is what I am good at since I made non bake rum & raisins cheesecake a few times before and everyone raved about it hee hee hee...
Recipe adapted from Anncoo's Hobby.
For Base : 6" cake tin and 4 cupcakes
80g oreo cookies, crushed
30g Butter, melted
For Filling :
250g Cream cheese (keep at room temperature before use)
65g Whipping cream
60g Sugar (half portion to egg yolks and egg whites)
3 Egg yolks
3 Egg whites
1/2tsp Vanilla flavour
1/2tsp Lemon juice
6 oreo cookies, crushed coarsely
White Chocolate Coating :
150g white chocolate
80g whipping cream
1. Melt the butter and mix together to the crushed oreo cookies. Press the mixture into the cake pan base and chilled for later use.
2. Cream the cheese and half portion of sugar together and slowly add in the whipping cream together with vanilla flavour and lemon juice. Beat the mixture till light and fluffy and smooth at medium speed.
3. Scrape bowl and egg yolks one at a time until all combined and transfer to a larger bowl.
4. Whisk egg whites and balance sugar till peak form.
5. Use spatula to fold egg whites to cheese mixture. Mixture must be light and not watery.
6. Stir in the oreo cookies and pour the cheese mixture into prepared cake tin.
7. Steam bake at 160C for about 1 hour.
8. Remove from oven and let cool for awhile.
9. Boil the white chocolate, whipping cream and butter until mix well and smooth.
9. Pour onto the cake and let it cool completely before refrigerating. Chill and serve.
The cheesecake is cheesy, soft and moist. The taste is good with the compliment of oreo.
hehee...my recipe? I almost forgot I have this recipe after recheck my site.ReplyDelete
Love the way you add the oreo cheesecake and the white chocolate.
thanks ann but the white chocolate that I bot from phoon huat is so so sweet :(ReplyDelete
Anything with Oreo always rocksReplyDelete
I like the decro of this cake. It's cute.ReplyDelete
yes Wendy, you are rite. I am going to bake another oreo cheesecake as bday cake soon kee kee kee...ReplyDelete
thanks angel for ur kindness, I stil thot the cake deco look weird :PReplyDelete
Very interesting and special cheesecake. The texture looks very soft and fine. Wish I can have a slice! Thanks for sharing. MaryMoh at http://www.keeplearningkeepsmiling.comReplyDelete
Hi Mary, try the recipe and u can have many slices :).ReplyDelete
Yes Jess, white chocolate is always sweeter than the dark chocolate. That's why I seldom use it in my baking. I suggest the next time you bake this cake, why not mix the melted white and dark chocolate (use bitter choc) together as marble chocolate.ReplyDelete
thanks ann for ur great suggestion, wil do it next time :).ReplyDelete
But white chocolate goes really well with cream cheese I'll have to say, unlike the dark chocolate! Yours look as scrumptious! Enjoy and have a wonderful day, dear!ReplyDelete
thanks Kristy and same to u, ve a nice wkday!ReplyDelete
this cheesecake looks so very good!! I love the oreo's on itReplyDelete
thanks so much for sharing!