Friday, June 4, 2010
Chocolate Chip Cookies
Dear daughter requested for cookies so I baked this for her as well as my bro who love cookies.
Recipe from Kitchen Capers forum.
Ingredients :125g Butter
50g Castor sugar
50g Brown sugar
1/2 tsp Vanilla essence
260g Self-raising flour
150g Chocolate chips (Add more if you like more choc chips)
1. Pre-heat oven to 180C.
2. Sift the flour, set aside.
3. Beat butter, essence and sugars using mixer until smooth.
4. Add egg and beat until well combined.
5. Stir in sifted flour and the remaining ingredients.
6. Take rounded teaspoons of mixture and roll into balls.
7. Place balls about 4cm apart on slightly greased oven trays or line with baking sheet.
8. Bake in pre heated oven for 15 minutes or until browned.
9. Cool in trays for short while and transfer to wire rack for cooling.
The cookies are crunchy, my bro said very nice and he finished almost the whole tub. I reduced the sugar by 40g so the cookies not sweet at all, next time I should not reduce so much sugar.