I love the chocolate cheesecake that I had baked previously, everyone raved about it. Especially one of my colleague who is a small eater, ate 3 slices at one go, she must be love it so much that she asked for more serving.
So I decided to use this recipe but I reduced the cream cheese and cocoa powder cos I am afraid the cake might be too strong and thick for kids. I dun wan her to have sore-throat after eating my cake :p.
I probably didn't wrap the cake tin with aluminum foil properly, the water seeped in while baking. Next time I think I better be kiasu to double wrap the cake tin with aluminum foil. The cookies base must be soggy cos of this, hope it won't affect the cake much :(.
Recipe adapted from Honey Bee Sweet with some modification.
Ingredients : (for 6" cake tin & 2 cupcakes)
100g Oreo Cookies (minus the creme), crushed
30g unsalted butter
250g cream cheese, room temperature
90g caster sugar
60g chocolate, chopped
60g whipping cream
15g cocoa powder
15g cake flour
6 oreo cookies, crush coarsely
Chocolate Ganache :
100g chocolate, chopped
60g whipping cream
1. Melt the butter and mix together to the crushed oreo cookies. Press the mixture into the cake tin base, baked for 10 mins and cool it then chill for later use.
2. Heat up the whipping cream and add in the chopped chocolate and stir till mix well and smooth.
3. Preheat the oven to 160°C. Pour some water to the base of the baking tray to create a water-bath. Wrap the base of the cake pan with aluminum foil to protect the water from sipping in.
4. In a mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese and sugar till fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time and beat again till combined.
5. Add chocolate mixture and stir well. Lastly, sift in the cocoa powder and cake flour and combine till mixture is smooth and add in oreo cookies.
6. Pour the batter into the prepared cake pan with the cookie base. Bake in the oven for 45 to 50 minutes (I baked the round cake for 35 mins and cupcakes for 15 mins). Making sure not to over bake, the center of the cake should still be a little "wobbly" when done.
7. Remove from oven and let cool for awhile.
8. Boil the chocolate, whipping cream and butter until mix well and smooth.
9. Pour onto the cake and let it cool completely before refrigerating. Chill for at least 4 to 6 hrs before serving.
The cake is rich, creamy and chocolately, as good as my previous chocolate cheesecake. E sms me and said the cake is very nice, her daughter love it and the guests who ate the cake also gave thumbs up. Yipee, another keeper.