Thursday, July 29, 2010
This cake was baked few months ago that I totally forgot about it. I picked this recipe cos the comments were the cake tasted like light cheesecake and since I had the ingredients on hand so just went ahead with it.
Recipe taken from here.
20g castor sugar
3 tbsp honey
125g cake flour
3 tbsp oil
3 tbsp milk
1/4 tsp cream of tartar
60g castor sugar
1. Pre-heat the oven at 150C.
2. Whisk egg yolk and 20g castor sugar till light yellow color, add in honey to whisk till thicken, add in milk and oil to mix well.
3. Beat egg white and cream of tartar, add in 60g of castor sugar in 2 seperation and beat till stiff.
4. Add egg white mixture in 3 seperation to egg yolk mixture and mix well.
5. Pour into the greased cake tin with baking paper and bake in 40 mins.
Probably I had over folded the batter, the cake tasted like bread with very very soft but a bit chewy texture and strong honey taste and fragrant, my another colleague said tasted like 鸡蛋糕 (Traditional chinese steam cake) with honey taste.