A is one of them, she love the cake so much that she wanna order from me. I baked this cake as a farewell gift for her since she is residing in JB that she hardly has chance to taste my baking in future unless she comes over to Singapore.
I am always impress by the swirl pattern, each cake will come out different swirl and I had baked one looked like crescent moon, there were the same cakes but with every few slices, the swirl pattern changed. So I am enjoying looking at the swirl pattern, beside tasting it ^0^.
I had baked additional one to bring office, everyone was so happy and welcomed the cake even was served right after lunch :).
Ingredients : Yield 2 cake tins size of 8" x 3.5" x 3"
300g cream cheese, softened
50g castor sugar
1. Beat cream cheese with sugar until light and fluffy
2. Beat in egg until well incorporated and set it aside
250g butter, softened
4 tbsp cocoa powder
160g self-raising flour
1.25 tsp baking powder
1.25 tbsp chocolate milk
1. Sieve flour, baking powder and cocoa together and put aside
2. Beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy
3. Add egg, one at a time and beat until well incorporated into mixture
4. Fold flour mixture and chocolate milk alternatively into egg mixture.
5. To assemble, pour half of mixture ‘B’, then all of mixture ‘A’, then followed by the remaining mixture ‘B’.
6. Bake in preheat oven at 180C for 45-50 min or until skewer comes out clean.
The cake is so heavenly. The chocolate cake is so moist, soft and fluffy and with the rich and creamy cheese mixture added, both complement each other so well. The cake taste equally yummy if is refrigerated, I love the cake either in room temperature or chill in fridge.