When I saw this chocolate cream cheese muffin at 人生加油站, I was convinced by her raved about this muffin and decided this must go into my To Bake List.
Recipe adapted from 人生加油站 and 平平凡凡，简简单单.
Ingredients : for about 6 muffin
50g brown sugar
60ml fresh milk
140g cake flour
2 tbsp cocoa powder
2 tsp baking powder
Cream Cheese Filling :
80g cream cheese (soften)
1 tbsp icing sugar
1. Sift cake flour, cocoa powder and baking powder together and set aside.
2. For cream cheese filling, use spoon to mix well the cream cheese and icing sugar till soft and smooth.
3. Cream the butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy.
4. Add in egg one at a time and beat till the mixture is well combine without any egg trace.
5. Add in 1/2 of the flour mixture into the egg mixture and mix well.
6. Add in fresh milk, mix well and add in the balance of the flour and mix well.
7. Scoop the chocolate mixture into prepared muffin cups to 1/2 full, scoop a spoon of cream cheese filling and scoop the chocolate mixture till 80% full.
8. Bake in preheated 150 degree oven for about 20 - 25 minutes or till the skewer comes out clean.
As I baked the muffin late at night, I only got to eat the muffin the next day morning. I tasted when it was cooled which I wasn't quite impressed with the taste. However I changed my mind when the muffin was eaten when warmed. The muffin is soft, moist and chocolaty, taste delicious when every bite with melted and soften cream cheese, in my opinion this muffin definitely must eat only when is warmed. I think the cream cheese filling was a little insufficient but my department girls thought it was just nice, they like it very much and gave a thumb up. But I will still increase the amount of cream cheese filling if I am going to bake this recipe again.