I woke up at 5am, having urge of baking something easy. I flipped through my To Bake List, I selected this peanut butter biscuits, only required 3 ingredients, simple and easy. I can start making it immediately unlike other recipes that I need to wait for the butter to soften.
Recipe adapted from Corner Cafe.
Ingredients : makes 40 biscuits of each weigh about 9-10g
260g (1 cup) smooth peanut butter
170g (3/4 cup) caster sugar (I reduced to 100g)
1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Line baking sheets with baking paper.
2. Combine peanut butter, sugar and egg in a mixing bowl and mix well.
3. Roll dough into balls of about 10g each (or 20g each for bigger biscuits, about 1 tbsp).
4. Place balls onto lined baking sheet about 5cm apart, then flatten each ball lightly with a fork.
5. Bake for about 15 minutes or until browned lightly. (my biscuits still looked a bit pale after 15 mins baking so I baked additional 5 mins but the biscuits turned a bit charred after 3 mins of baking so I quickly removed the biscuits from oven.)
6. Stand biscuits 5 minutes before lifting onto cooling racks to cool.
When I sent in the biscuits to the oven to bake only for a few mins, the strong peanut butter aroma immediately filled up the whole house, smell really very nice! The biscuits tasted delicious and addictive, I brought more than half portion to my mum's place and was finished in mins :D, mostly by dear brother. This is an easy and simple recipe that yield fantastic result, definitely a keeper.