My parents-in-law are not cake lover but they love butter cake, if I bake butter cake it will finish real fast.
When I saw this zebra butter cake, I immediately told myself I must try it. The butter cakes that I baked previously mostly call for milk but this recipe calling for milk powder which made me curious how the cake will taste like.
Recipe adapted from 萍水相逢 and 平平凡凡，简简单单.
( A )
160g castor sugar
210g eggs (about 4)
250g all purpose flour
10g milk powder
1 tsp baking powder
7g cocoa powder
1. Beat butter and sugar till white and fluffy.
2. Add in egg one at a time and beat till well combined after each addition.
3. Fold in sifted flour, baking powder, milk powder and salt, alternate with water until well mixed.
4. Seperate batter into two portions. In one portion of the batter, add in the cocoa powder and mix well.
5. Then spoon in plain and chocolate batter in the cake pan alternately until finish.
6. Bake at pre-heated oven at 160 degree for 45 - 50 mins or until skewer comes out clean.
The cake is moist and very soft, very fragrant with the buttery and milky smell. It is so addictive that I cannot stop at one slice, I wanted to have more but I had to control since I need to take care of my waist hahaha... Just by looking at the photos, I am missing this cake, wish I can have a slice now :P. Definitely a keeper.