I will be flying away for holiday during this weekend and back a week later, need to fly again immediately for my business trip. I had quite a nos of scheduled backlog so you will still seeing my postings during the period of my absent but I won't be responding to the comments and visit your blog. Hope you won't miss me much hahaha.... thick skin me leh :P.
Dear daughter is so excited about this holiday, she has been counting down on the day of departure. When she got to know that we are going to Disneyland Tokyo, she went around to tell her classmates. I was so surprised to know that they as 6 yrs old kids, already know how to share among themselves about the holidays. Dear daughter told me that some of her friends are going to Hawaii, Australia, Korea etc. I was thinking, gosh, when I was their age, my peer don't talk about all these, anyway during my time traveling was not common at all.
Back to my bake, I received sms from S, a mother of dear daughter's ex schoolmate, dear daughter was invited to join their family for an outing. So in order to thank her for bringing dear daughter out, I decided to bake something for the family. I took this opportunity to try out this banana & oreo muffin that is in my To Bake List :).
I would like to thanks 我的厨房乐园for sharing this award with me, I am very happy and greatly appreciated. Again, my dear friend, thank you so much for awarding me.
Recipe adapted from Cuisine Paradise and I doubled up the recipe so I can bring some to office too.
Ingredients: (make 16 muffins cup size 5.5cm wide and 4cm height)
220g butter, soften
220g plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
4 tbsp condensed milk
3 medium banana, mashed with fork
12 - 16 pieces of oreo cookies
1 tsp vanilla essence / extract
1. Sift the flour, baking power and baking soda together and set aside.
2. Remove the cream from the cookies, place the cookies in a ziplock bag, use a rolling pin, crashed the cookie into fine crumbs.
3. Cream butter and sugar with electric beater till light and fluffy(about 3 minutes on medium speed).
4. Add in egg one at a time and beat till the mixture is well combine without any egg trace.
5. Add mashed banana, vanilla essence and condensed milk into the butter mixture and give it a quick whisk.
6. Lower the mixer speed, add flour mixture and blend till the mixture become smooth.
7. Stir in the oreo cookies crumbs till combined, scoop the mixture into prepared muffin cups to 3/4 full.
8. Top the muffin batter with oreo cookies (or some extra banana slices if you like to), bake in preheated 180 degree oven for about 20 - 25 minutes or till a toothpick inserted in the center and comes out clean.