Monday, January 24, 2011
Oreo Chocolate Cheesecake
During one of the outing, dear brother was looking at the leaflet from Coffee Bean and eyeing on the oreo cheesecake. I told him I will bake one for him, I fulfilled my promised and baked this oreo chocolate cheesecake for his birthday.
I love the rich, creamy and chocolatey chocolate cheesecake that I baked previously so I decided to bake it again and add in oreo cookies.
Recipe modified from here.
Ingredients : (for 7" cake pan)
100g Oreo Cookies (minus the creme), crushed
30g unsalted butter
375g cream cheese, room temperature
100g caster sugar
75g chocolate, chopped (I used Valrohna 66%)
75ml whipping cream
30g cocoa powder (I used Valrohna)
10 pcs oreo cookies, crushed
100g chocolate, chopped (I used Valrohna 66%)
60g whipping cream
1. Melt the butter and mix together to the crushed oreo cookies. Press the mixture into the cake pan base and chilled for later use.
2. Heat up the whipping cream and add in the chopped chocolate and stir till mix well and smooth.
3. Preheat the oven to 160°C. Pour some water to the base of the baking tray to create a water-bath. Wrap the base of the cake pan with aluminum foil to protect the water from sipping in.
4. In a mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese and sugar till fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time and beat again till combined.
5. Add chocolate mixture and stir well. Lastly, sift in the cocoa powder and crushed oreo cookies, and combine till mixture is smooth.
6. Pour the cheesecake batter into the prepared cake pan with the cookie base. Bake in the oven for 45 to 50 minutes (I baked the round cake for 35 to 40 mins. Make sure not to over bake, the center of the cake should still be a little "wobbly" when done.
7. Remove from oven and let cool for awhile.
8. Boil the chocolate, whipping cream and butter until mix well and smooth.
9. Pour onto the cake and let it cool completely before refrigerating. Chill for at least 4 to 6 hrs before serving.
10. Decorate the cake as your desire.
The cake is rich, creamy and chocolately, tasted so heavenly especially if you are using premium chocolate. The chocolate ganache tasted slightly bitter but it complement so well with the chocolate cheese layer. A non cheesecake person like dear husband, praised so much on this cake and even serve himself 2nd slice.