Thursday, March 3, 2011
Chocolate Banana Muffins
Since I am hosting for Aspiring Bakers #5 : Fruity March, no doubt that I must give myself extraordinary support (ok ok I know I am exaggerated again :P.) Hmmm... then I shall make this "Fruity March" as the theme of my blog for March too. Thus, all my posting on March will be related to fruits, let's hope I am able to make it happening and post as many as possible.
Let's start with the chocolate banana muffins that I saw at Cuisine Paradise. The muffins look as tempting as the one that I baked previously so I decided to give it a go.
I am submitting this to Aspiring Bakers #5 : Fruity March (March 2011) hosted by me.
Recipe adapted from here.
Ingredients: (makes 7 big muffins)
110g butter, soften
100g caster sugar (I reduced to 70g)
120g plain flour
10g cocoa powder
1/2 tsp baking powder
2 eggs (medium size)
2 banana, mashed with fork (medium size)
100g chocolate chips (I mixed with strawberry chocolate chips)
1/2 tsp vanilla extract / essence
1/4 tsp banana essence, optional (I omitted)
1. Sift the flour, cocoa powder and baking power together and set aside.
2. Cream butter and sugar with electric beater till light and fluffy(about 3 - 4 minutes on medium speed).
3. Add in egg one at a time and beat till the mixture is well combine without any egg trace.
4. Add mashed banana and vanilla essence into the butter mixture and give it a quick whisk.
5. Lower the mixer speed, add flour mixture and blend the mixture till smooth.
6. Stir in the chocolate chips till combined, scoop the mixture into prepared muffin cups to 3/4 full.
7. Top the muffin batter with some extra banana slices and chocolate chips, bake them in preheated 180 degree oven for about 15 - 18 minutes or till a toothpick inserted in the center and comes out clean.
The muffin is tasted more cakey texture which is so soft and moist. It is indeed true that chocolate and banana are great combination, it is just like you are eating chocolate cake with flavour of banana fragrant, yummy.