Tuesday, March 22, 2011
Rainbow Lemon Cream Cheese Cupcake
These cupcakes were baked sometimes ago when dear dear daughter requested for rainbow cupcake, she had been asking for cakes during that period as she needs some snacks to fill in her stomach in between meals.
Although it is not good to use food coloring but since is once a long long time so shouldn't be great issue.
I am submitting this to Aspiring Bakers #5 : Fruity March (March 2011) hosted by myself.
Recipe adapted from here.
Ingredients: (Makes 11 cupcakes)
130g cake flour
½ tsp baking soda
½ tsp baking powder
130g cream cheese, at room temperature
135g butter, at room temperature
100g castor sugar
2 tsp grated lemon rind
2 eggs, at room temperature
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp milk
1. Preheat oven to 170C and line muffin pan with paper cups.
2. Sift cake flour, baking soda and baking powder into a mixing bowl. Set aside.
3. Cream butter and cream cheese until light and creamy for 8-10 minutes.
4. Add castor sugar and continue to mix until light and fluffy.
5. Beat in eggs, one at a time.
6. Stir in lemon rind and lemon juice.
7. Finally, fold in sifted flour into mixture.
8. Divide batter evenly into 7 bowls and mix in your desire coloring in each bowl.
9. Scope 1 tsp of batter from each color into paper cups. Bake for 20 – 25mins or till an inserted skewer comes out clean.
10. Remove the pan from the oven. Rest for 10 minutes before removing the cupcakes from the pan. Cool on wire rack.
The cupcakes are soft and moist, cannot taste much of cream cheese but full of lemon aroma, really yummy that my dear daughter ate 3 at one go.