Avocado is a kind of fruit that I have never purchase before until my little started on his semi solid. Although I do enjoy those sushi that wrapped with avocado but I never think of buying it and eat. Now avocado is one of the fruits that is in my regular shopping list, to purchase for my little kicker due to the great health benefits.
Since I have one avocado left in the fridge, so I decided to make something with it. I went blog hopping and saw this avocado milk pound cake and decided to give it a try. I adjusted the amount of the ingredients since I had only one avocado to bake the cake.
Recipe from Table for Two or More.
Ingredient : (for 8" x 3.5" x 3” loaf pan)
80gm avocado flesh (used 1 avocado)
3/4 tbsp lemon juice
100g condensed milk
135 cake flour
165g all purpose flour
2/3 tsp baking powder
1/8 tsp baking soda
2 small eggs
1. Combine avocado flesh with lemon juice and mash until fine. Pass it through a sieve. Set aside.
2. Sift cake flour, all purpose, baking powder and baking soda together. Set aside.
3. Cream butter and sugar until pale and fluffy. Beat in eggs, one by one, beating well after each addition.
4. Beat in condensed milk until well incorporated. Put half the sifted flour in and mix on low speed.
5. Add the balance of flour. When everything is smooth, on low speed beat in avocado puree.
6. Pour batter into a lined loaf pan and bake in preheated oven for 35mins or until done.
My cake did not come out good, the texture is a bit dry, probably I had either over mix or over bake the cake. As for the taste wise, I dun really can tell it is avocado flavour, the taste is actually quite neutral.