This cake was for my best friend M's birthday. As that was my busy period thus I opted for an easy going cake and since she like cheesecake so non bake cheesecake is the best choice.
Since I was on coffee craze during that period so no hesitation on choosing coffee flavour for her lol.
Recipe adapted from Kitchen Corner.
Ingredients : (for 8" round cake but I made in 6" and 4 cupcakes)
90g digestive biscuits crumbs
30g oreo biscuits crumbs 75g butter (melted)
250g cream cheese
12g instant coffee (dissolve with 1 tbsp water)
2 tsp gelatin (dissolve with 1 tablespoon hot water)
170ml whipping cream
40g chocolate beads (I used chocolate rice)
150g whipping cream
50g dark bitter chocolate
1. Mix the crumbs and melted butter in a bowl. Press crumbs mixture onto bottom baking pan and keep in the fridge.
2. In another bowl, beat cream cheese until soften, gradually beat in sugar until the sugar dissolve. Add in the coffee mixture until well blended.
3. Whisk the whipping cream in another bowl until thicken.
4. Mix the dissolved gelatin into the coffee mixture until well incorporated. Fold in the in the whipped cream until everything well combine.
5. Pour into the baking pan or chef rings and chill in the fridge until it set.
6. After the cheesecake has set. Melt the chocolate with the whipping cream. Pour a thin layer on top of the cheesecake. Let it set in the fridge.
7. Run a sharp knife at the edge of the cake pan and unmold when everything has set.
Like what Grace has claimed, the cheesecake is creamy with rich coffee flavour. M is so happy to receive the surprise cake, she shared with her colleagues and all likes the cake a lot.