When dear sister cooked this dish during one of the Sat dinner when I was at dear mum's place, I know that dear husband gonna like it since he is super love to eat 一品锅. Quickly asked recipe from dear sister and cooked for dear husband, and I am not suprised that dear husband keep praising on this dish :D. I had cooked twice so far, and this dish is going to one of my 'signature" dish since dear husband like it so much hahaha....
This dish is so versatile, you can throw in whatever ingredients that you like. I didn't follow exactly the recipe, I just dump in whatever ingredients that dear husband like, and of course I like too lol. Even the seasoning, I also adjusted to my own taste during 2nd time cooking. Dear husband commented even taste so much better for the 2nd time and he rated perfect! heeheehee...
I did not follow the recipe below, just use it for my reference only.
Recipe from Quick and Easy Hawker's Fair.
300g fish paste
6 pieces fresh bean curd sheet
3 cups oil for free frying (I omitted)
5 slices ginger
3 dried shiitake mushroom, soak a few hours to soften
1 packet enoki mushroom
1/2 tsp salt
1 tbsp oyster sauce
1 tbsp light soya sauce
1/2 tsp sugar
300ml water (I used the water soaked with shittake mushroom)
1 tbsp corn flour water, for thickening
* I added in fish sauce during 2nd time cooking
1. Form fish paste into fish cake and blanch until cooked. Dish and drain.
2. Deep fry fresh bean curd sheet in hot oil until golden brown. (I skip this step, just soap in water to soften a bit) Remove and cut into pieces.
3. Heat up 1 tbsp oil, saute ginger until fragrant. Add in shiitake mushroom, fish cake, fried bean curd sheet, seasoning and bring to boil. Lower the fire and cook until gravy is thick.
4. Add in enoki mushroom and stir well. Thicken with corn flour water and dish up.
This post is linked to the event, Little Thumbs Up organised by Zoe of Bake for Happy Kids and Doreen of My Little Favourite DIY and hosted by Joyce of Kitchen Flavours.