I have shared before that my family and myself likes butter cake, so beside the normal butter cake, I am keen to try out different kind of butter cake. When I saw this oat butter cake, I know I need to try it out cos with oats, sound more healthier lol. This cake was baked more than 6 months ago, I still have quite a few of old bakes that still pending to post. I didn't practice 1st in 1st out, I am just jumping here and there sometimes to cut queue posting the latest bakes or cook lol.
1 tbsp condensed milk
50g quick cooking oats
170g cake flour
2 tps baking powder
1 tsp vanilla
1. Greased and lined a 9" round pan.
2. In a pot, bring water, condensed milk and oats to a boil. Stirring constantly and once oats soften. Set
aside to cool.
3. Cream butter and sugar until fluffy.
4. Add in eggs one at a time and beat till it incorporated.
5. Add vanilla.
6. Add oat mixture and mixed till combined.
7. Sift cake flour and baking powder into the butter/oat mixture and fold till combined.
8. Pour into pan and bake for 160 deg for 40 - 45 mins.
This cake is moist, soft with milky taste, no one know there are oats added since hardly can taste it.