My baking buddy "I" given a box of chocolate muffins to me and within 1 days, the 8 muffins were finished. Dear daughter ate it and her 1st comment was she dun quite like it cos the cake texture is too soft, "I prefer not so soft cake" she said. However, after she finished one, I saw her taking another one, I asked her why she is taking another one since she dun quite like it. She answered me that she changed her mind and love it now. Then after that, she took another one more again but she can only finished half, so in total she ate 2 1/2 muffins at one go!
So of course, how can I not asking for the recipe lol.
Recipe adapted from "I'.
Ingredients : (for about 18 muffin, bottom dimension of muffin case 5cm)
170g self raising flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
70g cocoa powder
1/2 tsp vanilla powder (use 1 tsp if you are using vanilla extract/essence and put under ingredients B)
190g castor sugar (you may increase to 220g if you prefer sweeter)
160g chocolate chips
120g butter, melted
40g chocolate chips / chocolate rice (to sprinkle)
1. Sift (A) into a mixing bowl and add in 160g chocolate chips, stir and mix well.
2. Whisk (B) until well combine.
3. Pour (A) into (B) and folded gentle to mix well.
4. Fill up the muffin cases 60% full with the mixture and sprinkle 40g of the chocolate chips / rice on top.
5. Bake in pre-heated oven at 170C for 15-20 mins.
These muffins are very chocolaty, soft and moist. The texture is so tender that making it to be easily "breakable" into pieces. These muffins are truely delicious, definitely a keeper.