I really cannot believe that I am missing from the blogging again, really too many stuff to settle and too little times for me. If is not because I need to post this up to support Mich's Little Thumb Up, I am not sure when I will be back to do some posting :(. I guess slowly I will be forgotten by my blogger friends hahaha... Sorry Mich, I cannot make it to submit more post to your event :(.
This was cooked long time ago, think at least 6 months ago and finally given a chance to post it up lol. For chicken I will normally bake since I am not so good at cooking. When I saw this recipe and highly recommended by Anna, plus look at the ingredients that I can locate them at my kitchen, except Lee Kum Kee Chicken Marinade which can easily find it at supermarket. I decided to try it and after that, I had cooked a few times, this is actually an easy dish :).
Recipe from 小雨伞の天空
Ingredient A :
4-5 maryland chicken or 1 chicken
Marinated Ingredients :
4 cloves garlic, smash
4-5 star anise
1 cinnamon, split into half and wash the internal thoroughly
3 tbsp dark soya sauce
4 tbsp Lee Kum Kee chicken marinade / SOS Perap Ayam or soya sauce
4 slices ginger
Ingredient B :
3/4 bowl Lee Kum Kee chicken marinade / SOS Perap Ayam or soya sauce, use rice bowl
1 bowl water
4-5 tbsp sugar, can adjust to suit individual taste
2 stalks scallion (cut into parts, separate white and green parts)
1. Wash the chicken and use kitchen towel to pat dry. Prick the chicken with fork so that the marinated sauce will penetrate in.
2. Marinate the chickens in the marinated ingredients for at least 3-4 hours, the longer the better. Leaving overnight in the refrigerator is best.
3. Heat up the wok with some oil, saute the marinated ingredients (leave out the sauce) for awhile, add in chickens and pan fry both side for awhile.
4. Pour in the sauce from the marinated ingredients and ingredient B, add in scallion white parts and cover the wok with lid.
5. Simmer in low heat for about 45 mins or the chicken has soften.
6. Add in the sugar and taste, add in the scallion green part and simmer for awhile.
7. Serve the chicken with gravy.
1. Open up the lid to check once in awhile to avoid the wok turn charred.
2. Turn the chicken in every 15 mins and continue to simmering.
This chicken is really delicious that I had cooked a few times, pour some gravy onto the white rice and I can eat one big bowl although I am not a rice person (no choice since need to cut down carbo) lol. Next time, I wanna pair it with noodle, yum yum, salivating now :D.
I am submitting this post to the Soya Beans Event, Little Thumbs Up organised by Doreen from my little favourite DIY and Zoe from bake for happy kids, hosted by Mich of Piece of Cake