Just submitted my monthly budget report so at least I can breath some air now lol. Today should be quite relax for me so I am able to visit my favourite blogs after post this up :D. After that, I will need to start working on the planning of my year end trip again, hope to be able to settle everything by this week. If not, dear husband will say I like to "mo" lol.
These are using one of my favourite recipe to whip up in different variety. Recently I have boiled a few cans of dulce de leche as give-away and keep 2 cans for myself, just nice, use it in this recipe.
Recipe modified from here and here.
Ingredients : (for about 8-9 muffins, bottom dimension of muffin case 5cm)
85g self raising flour
1/4 tsp baking soda
35g cocoa powder
1/4 tsp vanilla powder (use 1/2 tsp if you are using vanilla extract/essence and put under ingredients
90g castor sugar (you may increase to 110g if you prefer sweeter)
60g dessicated coconut
10 tbsp dulce de leche
60g butter, melted
adequate dessicated coconut (to sprinkle)
1. Sift (A) into a mixing bowl and add in 60g dessicated coconut, stir and mix well.
2. Whisk (B) until well combine.
3. Pour (A) into (B) and folded gentle to mix well.
4. Add in dulce de leche and give a few stir.
4. Fill up the muffin cases 60% full with the mixture and sprinkle some dessicated coconut on top.
5. Bake in pre-heated oven at 170C for 15-20 mins.
Oh these muffins are tasted heavenly, chocolate and dessicated coconut and dulce de leche are perfect match! The taste is quite similar to the dulce de leche coconut brownie that I had baked before. Truely a keeper!