This is one of the dish that I prepared for my New Year eve dinning that held at my place. When I went shopping for ingredients, I spotted these portobello mushrooms and immediately decided this is gonna be one of my dish lol.
12 medium size portobello mushrooms
shredded mozerealla cheese
shredded cheddar cheese
4 slices ham, cubed
1 big tomato, cubed
1 tbsp chopped garlic
salt and black pepper
extra virgin olive oil
1. Remove the stem, using scissor to cut or can be done by simply holding the cap in one hand and the stem in the other; give the stem a firm twist and it will come right off. (You may keep the stem, clean and chop into small pieces and stuff in the mushroom. This was what I intended to do so but my mil threw them away as she thought I wanna discard them)
2. Remove the black gills on the underside of the mushroom cap by scraping with the edge of a spoon.
3. Wash the mushrooms and pat dry with kitchen tower.
4. Lined baking tray with parchment paper or aluminium foil. (I brushed the parchment paper with olive oil but some of the mushroom still got stuck on the paper after baked)
5. Brush the olive oil over the mushroom caps and place the portobello mushrooms, cap side down, on the baking tray.
6. Top up the mushrooms with cheese then followed by the cubed ham, cubed tomato and garlic. Season with salt and black pepper. Drizzle olive oil over the mushrooms.
7. Baked in preheated oven of 200C for 10-15 mins, or until the cheese is bubbly and the toppings start to brown.
8. Remove mushrooms from oven and garnish with fresh or dried parsley. (I forgot to do so lol).
For a mushroom lover like me, definitely will love this dish. Easy to prepare, simple to cook, delicious to eat, if you are looking for an easy and gourmet looking dish this gonna be in your list!