Friday, July 4, 2014
Creamy Mushroom Fillings
This was another long over due post in my draft box that almost forgot about it. Post this up for record purpose and future reference.
Recipe adapted from Kitchen Corner.
200g white mushrooms, sliced
5 cloves garlic
2 stripes bacon, chopped
1 big onion, chopped
5 tbsp whipping cream
5 tbsp milk
adequate dried oregano or Italian herbs
1. Saute garlic until fragrant.
2. Add in chopped onion and chopped bacon.
3. Pan fry in low heat until bacon caramelized with the onions.
4. Stir in mushrooms for about 2 mins or so.
5. Season with salt and pepper and add in cream and milk.
6. Add in some dried herbs and cook for another 2 mins.
I had added too much pepper and made it quite peppery taste. Dear daughter likes it so much that she used spoon to "drink" the gravy, she said tasted like Mad Jack's black pepper gravy that she loves a lot! This is not only can make it for pizza topping, you can use it as gravy for steak or chicken chop, even for spaghetti and rice. This is gonna be a must for me to make for pizza topping in future beside Hawaiian flavour :).