Pardon for the "disfigured" of the cake top, as I was not careful enough when removed the cake using bare hand method. And I also forgot to bang the cake pan before baking, thus a lot of holes in the cake.
I also shared some of the photos that I made it with custard cream to give away as well.
You may feel boring since I just posted the chocolate rice flour chiffon cupcakes not long ago but this post is to support the chocolate wonderland event heeheehee...
Recipe adapted from here.
Ingredients : for 8" chiffon cake pan
5 egg yolks
8g caster sugar
40g corn or sunflower oil
1/8 tsp salt
40g cake flour
20g cocoa powder
30g rice flour 在来米粉/粘米粉
70g chocolate milk
5 egg whites
60g caster sugar
1 tsp lemon juice or vinegar (I only used 1/4 to 1/2)
1. Sift cake flour, cocoa powder and rice flour twice.
2. Mix egg yolks and sugar in a bowl, whisk till sugar has dissolved.
3. Add in oil, salt and chocolate milk and mix well.
4. Sift in flour mixture and whisk well.
5.In another bowl, beat the egg whites and lemon juice/vinegar till frothy. Add in sugar gradually and beat until approaching stiff peaks (meringue stand straight with a little curve at the tip) or till stiff peaks (this stage is a bit difficult to fold with egg yolk mixture).
6. Use whisk to loosen the egg yolk batter a bit, then take 1/3 of meringue and use a hand whisk to mix well with egg yolk batter.7. Fold in 1/2 of meringue and use a silicone spatula, gently fold with egg yolk batter till slightly combined. Fold in the balance meringue and gently fold till well combined.
8. Pour the batter from a considerable height into cake pan, lightly shake it left and right to level the cake, then gently bang the cake pan on the table top to release air bubbles.
9. Bake at pre-heated oven at 150C at center rack for 25 mins and 160C for 15-20 mins. (I off the top heat element and on it back during the last 15 mins)
10. Remove the cake pan from oven, drop it from high side to prevent the cake shrink too much during cool process.
11. Turn the cake pan upside down and cool completely before remove from the cake pan.
The cake is still delicious even without cream, my friend called and told me that the cake is so pretty, she and her family like it a lot.
This post in joining Best Recipes for Everyone September Event : Chocolate Wonderland
Hosted by Xuan Hom’s Mum Kitchen Diary
I have not try adding rice flour to my chiffons. Yours looks soft and fluffy.
Would like to try this recipe soon. Love your your beautiful clicks.
i never get sick of anything chocolate ;).... with rice flour and chiffon, i love this even moreReplyDelete
So long i didn't bake liao, lazy...ReplyDelete
Hi Jess,I never use rice flour on my baking before,is it more softer than the ordinary one?ReplyDelete
Thanks for sharing with BREE^^
Hi Jess, Sorry for not visiting you for so long. Getting lazier nowadays.ReplyDelete
Your chiffon cake looks pretty and soft. I must try this recipe with rice flour one day.
Thank you for sharing :)
I like the add of rice flour in chiffon. It looks very soft and beautiful!ReplyDelete
真是讨人喜爱的蛋糕， 看了心情真是变美了！ 呵呵ReplyDelete
Hi Jess, I've bookmarked 1 pandan & 1 chocolate chiffon cake recipe but still in 'cold storage' .... like your sweet heart chocolate chiffon cake ^-^!ReplyDelete
Hi Jess, I am here to admire your heart shaped chiffon cake...can see cannot eat. Awww...somemore in chocolate flavour!ReplyDelete
Hi Jess, can't remember whether I have baked rice flour chiffon with chocolate flavour. But I know this is nice. So far my chiffon cakes using rice flour has been satisfactory. Looks spongy and soft.ReplyDelete
pretty heart shaped chiffon! even the ones in the cuppies also i like !ReplyDelete
Jess, where got boring? Love anything with chocolate!ReplyDelete