Dear son likes Mickey Mouse and Angry Birds a lot. Everyone he will just wear his angry birds and mickey mouse clothes until people thinks he has no other clothing hahahah.... and he is such a funny boy, he must wear in suit, means that if is angry bird top, bottom must be angry bird too, cannot top angry bird and bottom mickey mouse, he will make a fuss if that's happen lol. And because he is boy, his color must be blue, he always say, pink for gal, blue for boy, pink for jie jie, blue for didi. Even if teacher want to use hand towel to dry his hand, he will insist her to use the blue color instead of pink color hand towel hahahah....
Since he requested Mickey Mouse for his birthday cake for his school celebration, I decided to make the blue angry cake for home celebration. But I am so lazy to frost the cake again, so thinking why not use M&M chocolates to form an angry bird figure, lazy mum hahaha...
But it is not easy to use M&M chocolates to form a picture, especially a small cake of 7". I almost wanna give up half way cos it didn't look like angry bird :P. But after the Mickey Mouse cake, I was too drained so I decided to just finish it up, dun look alike never mind lah, think dear son still will appreciate M&M chocolate, moreover this is a ice cream cake heeheehee....
Chocolate Sponge Cake
Ingredients : for 8"
4 large eggs at room temperature
120g castor sugar
90g cake flour, sifted
1/4 tsp baking soda, sifted
50g corn oil
17g cocoa powder
40g chocolate milk
1）Heat up (C), slightly warm, add in cocoa powder and mix well, set aside to cool.
2) Beat (A) in high speed till ribbon stage, batter become thick and able to write word on the batter, turn to low speed to whisk for another 1-2 mins.
3)Add in (B) and fold till mix well.
4. Add a small portion of flour mixture to the warm cocoa mixture and mix well.
5. Pour the cocoa batter into the egg batter and fold to mix well, pls fold gently not to burst the bubbles.
6. Add in (D) and mix well, pour the batter into the cake pan.
7. Slightly bang the cake pan to release bubbles and bake at pre-heated oven at 170C for 30 mins or until skewer comes out clean.
* can mix milk and oil to heat up then add in cocoa powder to mix well.
Chocolate Ganache :
100g chocolate, chopped into small pieces
Ice Cream Filling :
700g store-bought vanilla ice cream
1. remove the vanilla ice cream from freezer and stay at room temperature till soft and whisk until cream or mayonnaise texture.
2. remove 400g ice cream and put aside.
3. Pour nutella into the remaining cream and mix well.
1. Slice the cake horizontally into 3 pieces, brush with sugar syrup (sugar melted in water).
2. Place one slice of the cake into the cake pan (I am using removable base cake pan), pour 400g of vanilla ice cream on it.
2. Place another slice of cake on top of the vanilla ice cream, pour the nutella ice cream on it.
3. Freeze the cake for at least 6 hours and remove from the fridge, remove the cake from the cake pan. I used hair dryer to blow at the size of the cake pan. Put the cake pan on top of a glass jug with flat top, then slice the cake pan out, leaving the ice cream on the glass jug.
4. Put the ice cream cake back to the freezer again to freeze for another 2-3 hours.
5. Bring the cake out from freezer and pour the slightly warm chocolate ganache on the cake.
8. Put the cake back to the freezer again for another 2-3 hours.
9. Bring the cake out to deco as your desire, you have to be fast as the ice cream melt very fast.
10. Put the cake back to the freezer again for another 2-3 hours before serve.
I actually want to put another sponge cake on top of the nutella ice cream but my cake pan is not tall enough to put another slice of cake, so I have to give up last min lol.