This was baked for dear son to bring to his school for children day's party. For such occasion that happened in weekday, I will look out for easy recipe so I can churn out fast after work.
Recipe adapted from Food Network.
Ingredients (makes 12 muffins)
250g plain flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
2 tbsp cocoa powder
100g caster sugar
75g brown sugar
3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips, plus 1/4 cup for sprinkling
1 cup milk
90ml vegetable oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Preheat the oven at 180C.
2. In a mixing bowl, add in the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cocoa powder, sugar, and 3/4 of the chocolate chips and mix well.
3. Pour all the liquid ingredients into a measuring jug and mix well.
4. Mix the dry and wet ingredients together with slow and gentle strokes. Stop stirring once the last traces of flour disappear. Do not over mix. A lumpy batter will ensure the muffins stay moist and fluffy.
5. Fill up the muffin cases 70% full with the mixture and sprinkle the balance 1/4 of the chocolate chips on top.
5. Bake for about 20 mins or until the muffins are dark, risen and springy.
The muffin is soft and moist, I like to heat up a bit, with the melted chocolate chips, slight crispy outer layer, soft and tender inside, yummy!
This post is linked to the event Little Thumbs Up ~ August 2015
Event Theme : Brown Sugar and Molassses
organised by Zoe of Bake for Happy Kids and Doreen of My Little Favourite DIY
and hosted by Jess of Bakericious
Anything with chocolate, i loves...ReplyDelete
嗨！ Jess， 这蛋糕看起来非常的赞哦！食谱收起来了， 谢谢分享！ReplyDelete
So yummy ! perfect with a cup of tea ... for me :DReplyDelete
I can tell from the picture that these muffins are really moist and soft.ReplyDelete
These muffins are awesome! We have baked these before and we are loving them!