This was actually prepared for last month Best Recipe For Everyone - Pumpkin theme. However I forgot that July was one of the business review month where basically, almost the whole month was "burnt"as too much to prepare.
Pumpkin bread is the favourite of my family, even dear daughter and son will ask for mummy's pumpkin bread lol. As they prefer to have bread with fillings instead of in plain, so I will come out varieties.
Recipe adapted from 月亮番薯
Ingredients : yield about 990g dough
260g pumpkin puree
400g bread flour
80g cake flour
12g instant yeast
60g brown sugar
80g butter, , soften at room temperature
1. Combine all ingredients except butter and half portion of the milk in the mixer and beat until form the dough, slowly add in the balance of milk and continue to knead until the dough is not sticky.
2. Add in the butter and continue to knead until the dough become smooth and elastic, until reach windowpane stage.
3. Shape the dough into ball and place it in a greased bowl, spray some water at the dough and cover with a wet towel or cling wrap. Let it proof until double in size, about 45-60 mins.
4. Divide dough into the desire portions in same weight (I weighed at about 50g each). Rest for 10 minutes.
5. Shaped the dough, wrap with desire filling and place in the greased baking pan. Repeat for the rest of the dough.
6. Spray with some water and let to proof until double in size, about 40 minutes.
7. Brush some egg wash on top, follow by sprinkle with desire topping, if necessary.
8. Bake in a 180C preheated oven until golden, about 15-17 minutes.
9. Remove from oven and place on the wire rack to cool down.
10. Keep in air-tight container after completely cool.
Chocolate Filling :
100g chocolate buttons
1. Boil the milk and remove from heat, add in the chocolate buttons and stir until melt and smooth.
2. Set aside to cool.
'3. Scoop 1 tbsp for each bun, sufficient for 9 buns.
Kaya Filling :
10g butter, soft
1. Put the kaya and soften butter in the bowl and mix well.
2. Keep in fridge for later use.
3. Scoop 1 tbsp for each bun, sufficient for 5 buns.
The bread is soft even the next day, the bread itself is tasty too even if is without fillings. Definitely a keeper for straight-dough method.
This post is linked to the event Little Thumbs Up ~ August 2015
These are indeed super soft buns.
Love the golden color....Yum!
Very pretty pumpkin buns... with very pretty golden colour!