Feel extremely tire recently, everyday just feel so sleepy, I need a break!
Recipe adapted from Butter, Flour And Me.
Ingredients : for 20 cm chiffon cake pan
5 egg yolk
40g gula melaka
1g salt (I forgot to add lol)
15g corn oil
15g coconut oil
200g banana, mashed (I put 220g)
90g cake flour
10g corn flour
5 egg whites
40g caster sugar (I cut down to 35g)
1/2 tsp lemon juice / vinegar
1. Caramelised gula melaka in a non stick pan on low heat. Add in mashed banana and mix well, set aside.
2. Whisk the egg yolks till creamy, add in oil and banana puree and mix well.
3. Add in cake flour and corn flour, whisk till no trace of flour and set aside.
4. In another bowl, beat the egg whites and lemon juice/vinegar till frothy. Add in sugar gradually and beat until approaching stiff peaks (meringue stand straight with a little curve at the tip) or till stiff peaks (this stage is a bit difficult to fold with egg yolk mixture).
5. Use whisk to loosen the egg yolk batter a bit, then take 1/3 of meringue and use a hand whisk to mix well with egg yolk batter.
6. Fold in 1/2 of meringue and use a silicone spatula, gently fold with egg yolk batter till slightly combined. Fold in the balance meringue and gently fold till well combined.
7. Pour the batter from a considerable height into cake pan, lightly shake it left and right to level the cake, then gently bang the cake pan on the table top to release air bubbles.
8. Bake at pre-heated oven at 150C at center rack for 25 mins and 160C for 15-20 mins. (I off the top heat element and on it back during the last 15 mins)
9. Remove the cake pan from oven, drop it from high side to prevent the cake shrink too much during cool process.
10. Turn the cake pan upside down and cool completely before remove from the cake pan.
The cake is soft and moist, full of banana fragrance, delicious too and the sweetness just nice for me.
This post is linked to the event Little Thumbs Up ~ October 2015
Event Theme : Coconut
organised by Zoe of Bake for Happy Kids and Doreen of My Little Favourite DIY
and hosted by Jess of Bakericious
嗨！ Jess， 远远的走过， 就闻到阵阵的焦糖味了！ 好赞的蛋糕哦！ReplyDelete
Merhabalar, çok leziz ve iştah açıcı görünüyor. Ellerinize sağlık.ReplyDelete