This is one of my favorite cake, definitely need to bake it for this coconut theme.
Recipe adapted from here.
200g gula melaka aka palm sugar
100ml coconut milk
50g brown sugar
200g cake flour
20g coconut powder
5g baking powder
1/8 tsp baking soda
adequate shredded coconut
1. Cook coconut milk and gula melaka until melt, set aside.
2. Beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
3. Add in eggs, one at each time, beat thoroughly after each addition.
4. Fold in sifted flour, baking powder and baking soda, alternate with melted gula melaka, well mixed.
5. Add in oatmeal and mix well.
6. Pour the batter into the cake pan.
7. Sprinkle dessicated coconut on top of the batter.
8. Bake in pre-heated oven at 160C for about 50 mins for cake pan or until skewer come out clean.
This cake is moist and soft, full of coconut fragrant, really delicious, all my colleagues given lots of compliments.
This post is linked to the event Little Thumbs Up ~ October 2015
Event Theme : Coconut
and hosted by Jess of Bakericious