If is usual me definitely not gonna make these donut balls as it involve deep frying, not only the oily issue, also hate the sweat when frying the food heeheehee... but I was attracted by May's 好松好软好吃, so finally....
I modified the recipe to add in coconut cream powder and coconut milk for LTU event.
Recipe adapted from
Ingredients : about 15g each, total 31 balls
220g bread flour
80g pumpkin puree
30g caster sugar
10g coconut cream powder
5g milk powder
1 tsp instant yeast
40g coconut milk
1. Mix all ingredients (except butter) into a dough using low speed, then use medium speed to knead it into a shiny and smooth texture.
2. When the dough looks smooth and elastic, add butter. Continue kneading until the dough is smooth, glossy and elastic, until reach windowpane stage.
3. Shape the dough into ball and place it in a greased bowl, spray some water at the dough and cover with a wet towel or cling wrap. Let it proof for 30 mins.
4. Gently press the dough to remove air bubble.
5. Roll each small dough into balls, 15g each, Spray with some water, cover with cling wrap and let to proof for 10 minutes.
6. Heat up the oil, deep fry the donut balls in medium-low fire till golden brown, dish out and coat with caster sugar or cinnamon sugar (mix adequate cinnamon powder with caster sugar) immediately.
No regrets even though I sweat until like no body business when deep frying the donuts, but it is definitely worth it. The donuts are like what May said, so soft, so fluffy, so yummy. While I was taking the photos, dear daughter kept coming out from her room to eat, finally waited till I finished the shooting, she filled up her plate full with donuts, she alone finished 1/2 of the donuts that I made lol. Definitely a keeper!
This post is linked to the event Little Thumbs Up ~ October 2015
Event Theme : Coconut
and hosted by Jess of Bakericious