17 hours Pre-fermented Sponge Dough :
300g bread flour
1/2 tsp instant yeast
Add yeast, water and flour in sequence into a container (same container for storage as well) and mix well with a spoon. Cover and leave at room temperature for an hour. Keep inside fridge for at least 16 hours before use.
Main Dough :
300g pre-fermented sponge dough
700g bread flour
200g pumpkin puree
6g instant yeast
1. Combine all ingredients, half portion of the milk except butter in the mixer until the dough is formed. Slowly add in the balance milk bit by bit until get the desire dough texture which dough is not stick to hand ( pumpkin has high water content, use your own judgement whether to use how much liquid).
2. When the dough looks smooth and slightly elastic, add butter. Continue kneading until the dough is smooth, glossy and elastic, until reach windowpane stage.
3. Shape the dough into ball and place it in a greased bowl, spray some water at the dough and cover with a wet towel or cling wrap. Let it proof until double in size, about 45-60 mins.
4. Place the dough on a floured surface. Gently press the dough to remove air bubble. Divide the dough evenly.
5.Roll each small dough into balls. Spray with some water, cover with cling wrap and let to rest for 10 minutes.
6. Shaped the dough, wrap with desire filling and place in the greased baking pan. Repeat for the rest of the dough.
7. Spray with some water and let to proof until double in size, abour 30 - 40 mins.
8. Brush some egg wash on top, follow by sprinkle with desiccated coconut or desire topping, if necessary.
9. Bake in a 180C preheated oven until golden, about 15-17 minutes.
10. Remove from oven and place on the wire rack to cool down.
11. Keep in air-tight container after completely cool.
Post a Comment
Thank you for dropping by.