Thursday, May 14, 2020
Black Pepper Sauce
This recipe yield a full rice bowl (this rice bowl is bigger than normal type), we used only 1/3 portion for 5 of us. So if you do not require so much, you need to cut down the ingredients.
Recipe adapted from Cikyah Can Cook, So Can You.
2 tbsp butter
1 1/2 tbsp plain flour
1 yellow onion (finely diced)
1 medium size tomato (finely diced)
1 pc of chicken cube
2 cups of water
1 tsp dark soy sauce
1 tbsp tomato sauce
1 tbsp black peppercorns (finely crushed) I used black pepper powder
salt and sugar to taste
1. Melt the butter over low heat. Once melted, pour in the flour and stir till brown.
2. Put in the onion and stir fry till fragrant.
3. Put in the chicken cube and mix well. (I mixed well with a bit of water 1st)
4. Pour in water and stir. Add in chopped tomato, salt and sugar.
5. Pour in black peppercorns gradually and stir till the mixture thicken. You may add in more salt and sugar according to your taste preference. (Pls taste while you add in the black peppercorn/powder, I just pour all in and I find is too spicy for my gal, so I have to keep adding in sugar and tomato sauce to neutralize it.
6. Serve with your chicken.
This black pepper gravy is really delicious, dear husband commented that too. Even dear daughter agreed, she said almost the same as Mad Jack's and gave me thumbs up. But when asked her again which is her preference, she still vote for Mad Jack! Urgh.... :( :( :(
Posted by Bakericious at 7:56 PM
Labels: Sauce and Gravy
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment
Thank you for dropping by.