Recipe from here
Ingredient : (for 2 x 8" x 3.5" x 3"cake pan)
200g sliced almond
Method :1. Double boil the butter and honey until butter is melt.
2. Remove the honey mixture from heat and add in the almond slices and mix well, ensure that all the almond slices are well coated with honey mixture. Set aside.
230g salted butter
200g eggs, no shell (4 large eggs)
50g + 120g sugar
200g self raising flour, sifted
1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven at 180C. Line the base and grease the sides (greasing helps the cake’s sides to rise)
2. Separate the eggs, and place the whites into a medium sized bowl. Beat egg whites until soft peaks, gradually add 25g sugar and and beat until stiff. Set aside.
3. Cream butter and 65g sugar until pale and fluffy. Add in vanilla extract and and beat for a while. Put in egg yolks one by one and beat well after each addition.
4. Put in half the flour and mix on low speed until incorporated. Put in milk in 2 additions and mix until well incorporated. Mix in balance of flour.
5. Put half the egg whites in and mix on low speed. Pour the balance of egg whites in and FOLD.
6. Pour batter into pan and level. Bake for about 20 mins.
7. Remove cake from oven and top with the honey almond crust mixture evenly over the cake and return the cake to the oven and bake until the almond are roasted to golden brown, about 8- 10 mins.