Recipe adapted from The Kitchen 70's, originated from 烘焙新手必备的第一本书
25 caster sugar
60g cake flour
20g cocoa powder
5 egg yolks
5 egg whites
65g caster sugar
a few drop lemon juice
1. Place ingredients A in the pot and cook till boiling.
2. Quickly sift in the ingredients B and stir to mix well. Stir the batter till a bit translucent and not sticking to the pot, off the heat. Set aside to cool.
3. Add in the ingredients C bits by bits to the batter, mix well with each addition.
5. Use whisk to loosen the egg yolk batter a bit, then take 1/3 of meringue and use a hand whisk to mix well with egg yolk batter.
6. Fold in 1/2 of meringue and use a silicone spatula, gently fold with egg yolk batter till slightly combined. Fold in the balance meringue and gently fold till well combined.
7. Pour the batter from a considerable height into cake pan, lightly shake it left and right to level the cake, then gently bang the cake pan on the table top to release air bubbles.
8. Bake at pre-heated oven at 100C at center rack for 25 mins and 160C for 15-20 mins. (I off the top heat element and on it back during the last 15 mins)
9. Remove the cake pan from oven, drop it from high side to prevent the cake shrink too much during cool process.
10. Turn the cake pan upside down and cool completely before remove from the cake pan.