Ingredients for Cupcakes :
5 egg yolks
10g caster sugar
40g coconut oil
1/8 tsp salt
40g cake flour
20g coconut flour
30g rice flour 在来米粉/粘米粉
70g coconut milk
5 egg whites
50g caster sugar
A few drops lemon juice or vinegar
1. Sift cake flour and rice flour twice.
2. Mix egg yolks and sugar in a bowl, whisk till sugar has dissolved.
3. Add in oil, salt, coconut milk and mix well.
4. Sift in flour mixture and whisk well.
5.In another bowl, beat the egg whites and lemon juice/vinegar till frothy. Add in sugar gradually and beat until approaching stiff peaks (meringue stand straight with a little curve at the tip) or till stiff peaks (this stage is a bit difficult to fold with egg yolk mixture).
6. Use whisk to loosen the egg yolk batter a bit, then take 1/3 of meringue and use a hand whisk to mix well with egg yolk batter.
7. Fold in 1/2 of meringue and use a silicone spatula, gently fold with egg yolk batter till slightly combined. Fold in the balance meringue and gently fold till well combined.
8. Scoop the batter in the cupcake cases, fill up about 70-80% full.
9. Bake at pre-heated oven at 160C at center rack for 20-25 mins.
10. Cool on the rack, then pipe the filling.
11. Chill in the fridge.
Gula Melaka Cream Filling :
60g gula melaka, chopped
40g coconut milk
150g dairy whipping cream
- Melt the gula melaka and coconut milk over low heat, set aside to cool.
- Whisk whipping cream and gula melaka mixture till peak form Pls ensure not to over beat the cream.
- Chill the cream in the fridge for at least 15 mins to let it set a bit.
Post a Comment
Thank you for dropping by.