Cupcake recipe adapted from Anncoo Journal
Ingredients: makes 8-10 cupcakes
25g cocoa powder
30g couverture chocolate, chopped to pieces
1/4 cup boiling water
1/4 cup buttermilk
75g plain flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
60g brown sugar
50g caster sugar
45g canola oil
1 large egg
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 170C and line muffin cup with paper liners.
- Combine cocoa powder and chopped chocolate together and pour boiling water over it and whisk till smooth.
- Whisk in the buttermilk.
- In a separate bowl, mix flour, baking soda, salt together. Set aside.
- Using electric mixer, beat brown sugar, oil, sugar, egg and vanilla until light and creamy. Beat in the flour mixture, alternating with chocolate mixture in additions.
- Scoop batter evenly among paper liners. Bake for about 18 to 25 mins or until tester inserted comes out clean.
- Let cupcakes cool in the pan and cool completely before frosting it.
- Plain buttercream with lemon ganache
- Chocolate buttercream with chocolate ganache