Passion Fruit Rice Flour Chiffon :
5 egg yolks
10g caster sugar
40g corn or sunflower oil
1/8 tsp salt
60g cake flour
30g rice flour 在来米粉/粘米粉
70g passion fruit juice
1 tsp homemade vanilla extract
5 egg whites
45g caster sugar
A few drop lemon juice or vinegar
1. Sift cake flour and rice flour twice.
2. Mix egg yolks and sugar in a bowl, whisk till sugar has dissolved.
3. Add in oil, salt, vanilla extract and passion fruit juice and mix well.
4. Sift in flour mixture and whisk well.
5.In another bowl, beat the egg whites and lemon juice/vinegar till frothy. Add in sugar gradually and beat until approaching stiff peaks (meringue stand straight with a little curve at the tip) or till stiff peaks (this stage is a bit difficult to fold with egg yolk mixture).
6. Use whisk to loosen the egg yolk batter a bit, then take 1/3 of meringue and use a hand whisk to mix well with egg yolk batter.
7. Fold in 1/2 of meringue and use a silicone spatula, gently fold with egg yolk batter till slightly combined. Fold in the balance meringue and gently fold till well combined.
8. Pour the batter from a considerable height into cake pan, lightly shake it left and right to level the cake, then gently bang the cake pan on the table top to release air bubbles.
9. Bake at pre-heated oven at 100C at center rack for 25 mins and 160C for 15-20 mins. (I off the top heat element and on it back during the last 15 mins)
10. Remove the cake pan from oven, drop it from high side to prevent the cake shrink too much during cool process.
11. Turn the cake pan upside down and cool completely before remove from the cake pan.
Buttercream : modified Richard Goh's Baking Class
250g butter, hard
4 egg yolk
1 tsp vanilla extract
Boil water and sugar until thick.
Whisk egg yolks until creamy and add in hot syrup and continue to whisk until mixture is cooled (can use maximum speed).
Cut butter into small pieces and add into syrup mixture and cream until smooth.
Add in vanilla extract and mix well.
75g castor sugar
1 tsp corn starch
2 tbsp lemon/lime juice
- Mix corn flour and sugar.
- Put all ingredients into a small pot.
- Place pot over medium heat, stir constantly.(it will appear to be cloudy, don't worry.)
- When mixture starts to boil, lower the heat.
- Stir till mixture becomes thick.(it will be more translucent at this stage.)
- Leave aside to cool and its ready to use.
Post a Comment
Thank you for dropping by.