Ingredients : for 8" chiffon cake pan
5 egg yolks
10g caster sugar
40g coconut oil
1/8 tsp salt
60g cake flour
30g rice flour 在来米粉/粘米粉
70g coconut milk
30g homemade pandan extract *
60g gula melaka, melted
5 egg whites
50g caster sugar
A few drop lemon juice or vinegar
* blend 10 blades of pandan leaves with some water, squeeze out the juice. Chill the pandan juice overnight and use the bottom thick layer
1. Sift cake flour and rice flour twice.
2. Mix egg yolks and sugar in a bowl, whisk till sugar has dissolved.
3. Add in oil, salt, homemade pandan extract, coconut milk, coconut oil and mix well.
4. Sift in flour and whisk well.
5. Spilt the batter into 2 portions, add the melted gula melaka to 1 portion and mix well.
6. In another bowl, beat the egg whites and lemon juice/vinegar till frothy. Add in sugar gradually and beat until approaching stiff peaks (meringue stand straight with a little curve at the tip) or till stiff peaks (this stage is a bit difficult to fold with egg yolk mixture).
7. Fold half of the meringues into the pandan batter and mix well gently.
8. Fold the balance half of the meringues into the gula melaka batter and mix well gently.
9. Spoon both the batter alternately into the chiffon cake pan. Lightly shake the cake pan left and right to level the cake, then gently bang the cake pan on the table top to release air bubbles.
10. Bake at pre-heated oven at 100C at center rack for 25 mins and 160C for 15-20 mins. (I off the top heat element and on it back during the last 15 mins)
11. Remove the cake pan from oven, drop it from high side to prevent the cake shrink too much during cool process.
12. Turn the cake pan upside down and cool completely before remove from the cake pan.
Post a Comment
Thank you for dropping by.