5 egg yolks
40g coconut oil
1/8 tsp salt
45g cake flour
15g coconut powder
30g rice flour
70g coconut milk
30g pandan extract*
5 egg whites
60g gula melaka, break into very small pieces
* blend 20 blades of pandan leaves with some water, squeeze out the juice. Chill the pandan juice overnight and use the bottom thick layer
1. Sift cake flour and rice flour twice.
2. Mix egg yolks and sugar in a bowl, whisk till sugar has dissolved.
3. Add in salt, homemade pandan extract, coconut milk, coconut oil and mix well.
4. Sift in flour and whisk well.
5.In another bowl, beat the egg whites and lemon juice/vinegar till frothy. Add in sugar gradually and beat until approaching stiff peaks (meringue stand straight with a little curve at the tip) or till stiff peaks (this stage is a bit difficult to fold with egg yolk mixture).
6. Use whisk to loosen the egg yolk batter a bit, then take 1/3 of meringue and use a hand whisk to mix well with egg yolk batter.
7. Add in gula melaka bits (left with some, about 2 tbsp) and mix.
9. Pour the batter from a considerable height into cake pan, lightly shake it left and right to level the cake, then gently bang the cake pan on the table top to release air bubbles.
Throw in the remaining gula melaka bits into the batter.
10. Bake at pre-heated oven at 100C at center rack for 25 mins and 160C for 15-20 mins. (I off the top heat element and on it back during the last 15 mins)
11. Remove the cake pan from oven, drop it from high side to prevent the cake shrink too much during cool process.
12. Turn the cake pan upside down and cool completely before remove from the cake pan.
Post a Comment
Thank you for dropping by.