Gula Melaka Cream:
50g gula melaka - melted with some whipping cream
160g whipping cream with 2 tsp icing sugar
- Whisk all the ingredients till stiff peak. Chill in the fridge for later use.
5 egg yolks
10g caster sugar
40g corn or sunflower oil
1/8 tsp salt
60g cake flour
30g rice flour 在来米粉/粘米粉
30g homemade pandan extract *
70g coconut milk
1 tsp coconut oil
5 egg whites
50g caster sugar
A few drop lemon juice or vinegar
* blend 20 blades of pandan leaves with some water, squeeze out the juice. Chill the pandan juice overnight and use the bottom thick layer
1. Sift cake flour and rice flour twice.
2. Mix egg yolks and sugar in a bowl, whisk till sugar has dissolved.
3. Add in oil, salt, homemade pandan extract, coconut milk, koepoe brand pandan extract, coconut oil and mix well.
4. Sift in flour and whisk well.
5. In another bowl, beat the egg whites and lemon juice/vinegar till frothy. Add in sugar gradually and beat until approaching stiff peaks (meringue stand straight with a little curve at the tip) or till stiff peaks (this stage is a bit difficult to fold with egg yolk mixture).
6. Use whisk to loosen the egg yolk batter a bit, then take 1/3 of meringue and use a hand whisk to mix well with egg yolk batter.
7. Fold in 1/2 of meringue and use a silicone spatula, gently fold with egg yolk batter till slightly combined. Fold in the balance meringue and gently fold till well combined.
8. Pour the batter into 11” square pan.
9. Bake at pre-heated oven at 150C for 30-35 mins or until golden brown.
10. Transfer the cake to cooling rack and invert on a plastic board lined with a clean piece of parchment paper.
11. Peel off paper lining and gently roll the cake up together with the clean parchment paper.
12. Leave it to cool before unrolling and apply filling, then re-roll back again.
13. Chill well before slicing.
Post a Comment
Thank you for dropping by.