Recipe adapted from
Ingredients : 8” square pan
5 egg yolks
65g cake flour
25g cocoa powder
5 egg whites
Adequate chocolate chips for topping
65g chocolate, chopped in small pieces
- Sift cake flour with cocoa powder, set aside.
- Heat the corn oil with low heat until lines appear, add in flour mixture immediately and mix well until no lumps.
- Add fresh milk and egg yolk, mix well till smooth batter is formed.
- In another bowl, whisk the egg whites until frothy, add in sugar in patches. Whisk till soft peak form.
- Gently fold in meringue into chocolate batter until mix well.
- Pour half of the batter into the cake pan, sprinkled with the chopped chocolate, then pour in the balance batter.
- Sprinkled with chocolate chips on the top and lightly tap the pan to remove air bubbles.
- Bake in preheated oven at 150C for 30 mins with a bowl of water and off the top heat. Then on back the top heat and continue to bake for 15-20 mins.