Recipe adapted from Rose's Heavenly Cakes
225g cake flour
180g caster sugar
2 tsp baking powder
¾ tsp salt
348g whipping cream
3 eggs, beaten
1 tsp vanilla extract
- Whip the cream, starting on low speed, gradually raising the speed to medium-high as it thickens, until stiff peaks form when the beater is raised.
- On medium-high speed, gradually beat the egg mixture and vanilla extract into the whipped cream. The mixture will thicken into mayonnaise consistency (unless high-butterfat cream is used).
- Gradually beat in the sugar. It should take about 30 seconds to incorporate it.
- Add in the sifted flour, baking powder, salt in 2 additions, fold until all traces of flour have disappeared.
- Pour the batter into the baking pan and bake at pre-heated oven at 170C for about 25-35 mins.
- Cool the cake at the rack before store in air-tight container.