Dear daughter was craving for Famous Amos Chocolate Chips Cookies that she requested from me to bake her some.
Recipe modified from Baking for Happy Kids
Ingredients : yield about 43 cookies
240g unsalted butter, softened at room temperature
160g dark muscovado sugar
80g caster sugar
50g or 1 egg
2 tsp vanilla paste or extract
300g plain flour
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp salt
200g chocolate buttons
adequate chocolate chips or buttons to top on the cookies
- Beat butter and sugar until pale and fluffy
- Add beaten egg bit by bit, mix well then add in vanilla paste, beat till well combined.
- Fold in sifted flour, baking powder, salt, mix well.
- Stir in the chocolate buttons and mix well.
- Transfer cookie dough onto a plastic wrap and use the wrap to press and knead the dough together.
- Wrap the dough with the plastic wrap and let it to rest in the fridge for at least 3 hrs or until it is totally firm.
- Drop 1 teaspoonful of dough onto the prepared baking trays, about 5 cm / 2 inches apart. Use the back of a metal
spoon to flatten the cookie dough slightly. Top each cookie dough with more
chocolate chips if desired. You can also top the cookie dough with chocolate
chips first, then use a spoon to flatten the dough later, vice versa.
- Bake in pre-heated oven at 180C for 14-15 mins or until the edges of the cookies are firm. Do not
under-bake the cookies if you want the cookies to be crispy. Allow cookies to
cool slightly on the tray for 5-10 mins, then transfer onto wire racks to cool
completely. The cookies are a little soft when they are freshly baked and will
become crispy when they are completely cooled.
The cookies are crispy at the edge and chewy inside, very yummy, my kids love a lot and I have to bake again for them.