Recipe modified from here
Ingredients : (20cm round shape cake pan)
5 egg yolk
120g cake flour
100 gula melaka palm sugar, chopped
100g coconut milk
50g coconut oil
1/4 tsp salt
5 egg white
1/2 tsp lemon juice or vinegar
35g caster sugar
50g gula melaka, chopped in small pieces
- Prepare a chiffon cake pan, don’t need to grease or line paper.
- Separate egg white and egg yolk into two mixing bowls.
- Melt the chopped gula Melaka with coconut milk in a saucepan with low heat.
- Remove from heat and add in the sifted flour immediately, quickly stir to mix well and form a soft dough.
- Add in coconut oil and salt to mix well, then add in egg yolks one by one and mix well.
- Beat egg whites and lemon juice till frothy. Gradually add in sugar and beat until approaching stiff peaks (meringue stand straight up with a little curve at the tip) or till stiff peaks (this stage is a bit difficult to fold with egg yolk mixture)
- Loosen the egg yolk batter and take 1/3 of meringue and use a hand whisk to mix well with egg yolk batter.
- Fold in 1/2 of meringue and use a spatula, gently fold with egg yolk batter till slightly combined. Fold in the balance meringue and gently fold till well combined.
- Pour 1/3 of the batter into cake pan, drizzle half of the guala melaka bits evenly around the cake batter. Pour balance half of the batter to cover, drizzle the balance guala melaka bits evenly on the batter and pour the balance batter to cover it.
- Bake at pre-heated oven at 100C at center rack for 25 mins. Then adjust to 160C for 15-20 mins. (I off the top heat element and on it back during the last 15-20 mins)
- Remove the cake pan from oven, drop it from high side to prevent the cake shrink too much during cool process.
- Turn the cake pan upside down and cool completely before remove from the cake pan.
Post a Comment
Thank you for dropping by.