Butter cake is the cake that I always will bake, not only cos I love it, and also that is the cake that dear husband will always eat. I used to stick to Mrs NgSK butter cake but now I am searching for alternative on whole eggs recipe when I am too lazy to bake using eggs separation method.
Recipe modified from Gracious Treatz
230g cake flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
200g caster sugar
1 tsp vanilla paste
10g cocoa powder
- Cream butter and sugar until pale and fluffy.
- Put in egg yolks one by one and beat well after each addition.
- Add in vanilla paste and mix well.
- Put in half the flour and mix on low speed until incorporated.
- Put in milk in 2 additions and mix until well incorporated.
- Fold in the balance of flour.
- Take 1/3 of the batter, mix well with cocoa powder.
- Scoop the plain and chocolate batter alternately into greased pan and level.
- Bake at pre-heated oven at 180C for 35 to 45 mins or until skewer comes out clean.
- Remove from oven and invert to cool completely before unmoulding
The cake is soft and fragrance, a bit dry at the outer layer probably I had over baked the cake slightly but overall still taste good. The recipe called to use 7" square pan but I didnt read the recipe properly so I used 8" square pan so it required shorter baking time. I checked the cake at 40 mins and it was done. I will definitely try to bake again.
Post a Comment
Thank you for dropping by.