Friday, January 29, 2010
Chocolate Swirl Cheesecake
My friend G has came back to Singapore from Sydney to attend his sister's wedding. He arrived yesterday and we are going to meet him and have dinner tonight. I baked him a cake last night intended to give him as a little gift on top of the dinner treat tonight to welcome him back :). Hope he will like the cake.
I had baked 2 cakes, one for G and one brought to office.
I used the previous recipe with modification.
Ingredients Yield 2 cake tins size of 8" x 3.5" x 3"
300g cream cheese, softened
50g castor sugar
1. Beat cream cheese with sugar until light and fluffy
2. Beat in egg until well incorporated and set it aside
250g butter, softened
4 tbsp cocoa powder
160g self-raising flour
1.25 tsp baking powder
1.25 tbsp chocolate milk
1. Sieve flour, baking powder and cocoa together and put aside
2. Beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy
3. Add egg, one at a time and beat until well incorporated into mixture
4. Fold flour mixture and chocolate milk alternatively into egg mixture.
5. To assemble, pour half of mixture ‘B’, then all of mixture ‘A’, then followed by the remaining mixture ‘B’.
6. Bake in preheat oven at 180C for 45-50 min or until skewer comes out clean.
The cake is really very yummy, I have received a lot of compliments from my colleagues and even recieved an order for this cake. :) I am going to bake this cake next month again, that will be for birthday cakes.